Summer is just around the corner and I am ready for the refreshing flavors it brings! With the simple pleasures of summer in mind, I created an easy peasy lemon squeezy cupcake recipe that is bursting with amazing fruit sweetness! ❤️💛
This recipe features Amoretti Artisan Natural Wild Strawberry and Lemonade flavors and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients or produce to achieve that freshly picked taste!
A light, fluffy, lemonade cupcake stuffed with strawberry pie filling is topped with tasty swirled wild strawberry and lemonade cream cheese frosting. Simply delicious!
Here is what you need to make these delicious summer cupcakes:
- 1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients it requires)
- 2 tablespoons Amoretti Lemonade Natural Flavor
- Baking cups
- 16 ounces cream cheese (2 blocks room temperature)
- 8 ounces unsalted butter (2 sticks room temperature)
- 32 ounces powdered sugar (1 bag)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Amoretti Wild Strawberry Natural Flavor
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Amoretti Lemonade Natural Flavor
- 1 bag freeze dried strawberries
STEP 1: Make the cake – Prepare the baking cups on a baking sheet and preheat the oven to 350°. Make the cake according to the directions on the box. Bake and let cool completely.
STEP 2: Core the cupcakes and fill– Once the cupcakes are completely cool, take a large round piping tip and core the center out of the cupcakes. Next, fill a piping bag with the pie filling and cut the tip with scissors. Fill the center with the pie filling!
STEP 3: Make the frosting–
1. Beat the butter in a stand mixer on medium speed until smooth.
2. Add the cream cheese and beat well until blended, light and creamy.
3. Slowly start to add the powdered sugar about 1 cup at a time beating slowly on low speed and scarping the bowl in between until well combined.
4. Add the vanilla extract and salt.
5. Separate the frosting equally into two medium bowls.
6. In one bowl add the natural strawberry flavoring and about ½ cup freeze dried strawberries and mix. Add a small amount of pink gel color to achieve a more vibrant color.
7. In the other bowl of frosting add the natural lemonade flavoring and a small amount of yellow gel coloring to achieve a more vibrant color.
8. Place each frosting in large piping bags.
9. Next, cut the tips and lay out a sheet of press and seal. Pipe two color strips and twist up, cut the tip and place in a separate piping bag fitted with a 1M or 2D tip (2D pictured)
10. PIPE and DECORATE! Top with a paper straw and lemon candy for an extra cute touch.
It doesn't get any better than sweet summertime flavors and sipping lemonade on the front porch. Take a bite out of this cupcake and it will give you all those summertime vibes! Cheers to drink inspired cupcakes, ya'll!